Press Release | DEFINE Body & Mind to Open Montrose Location in July
June 19, 2014
Houston Founded Concept Bolsters Montrose Community with Unique Fitness Offerings
HOUSTON, TX (June 19, 2014) – DEFINE body & mind, an exercise studio specializing in balanced fitness offering barre, cycling and yoga infused classes, will expand its footprint with a new Houston location in Montrose opening this July. This location will mark the ninth DEFINE body & mind location.
“We are thrilled to officially join the Montrose community and look forward to providing a unique and exceptional fitness option to its residents,” said Henry Richardson, founder. “Our hope is to not only create a sense of renewal and revitalization for our clients through our various transforming classes but also rejuvenate the area in which we do business.”
The studio will open for business in July and occupy 5,416 square feet marking DEFINE’s largest studio to date featuring two rooms fitting more than 70 stationary bikes specifically dedicated to revolution classes, DEFINE’s take on indoor cycling. The body room can accommodate up to 30 clients for barre and mat based classes.
The opening of the new location will commemorate the relaunch of the DEFINE mind class. The studio will introduce new techniques for the mind class focusing on health and healing for the body to promote mental wellness.
Also unique to the Montrose location will be an outdoor patio and multi-purpose room. The outdoor space will be utilized to host classes outside as well as special events. The multi-purpose room will accommodate various classes including the 30.30.30 format featuring body, mind and revolution for 30 minutes each.
DEFINE studios are a balance of luxury and eco-friendliness built with materials geared towards better health, better living and being better for the environment. The Montrose location has been converted from declining building to a refreshed and contemporary space featuring a combination of clean elements blended with antique and rustic accents. The studio will feel both warm and Zen, a trademark of DEFINE’s unique brand identity.
DEFINE’s class offerings at the new location include:
- DEFINE body, a perfectly balanced 60-minute class of strength, flexibility, and fun. This results-oriented class combines Pilates, yoga, ballet, and core strengthening to target all the major muscle groups in the body.
- DEFINE mind, a soothing 60-minute class focused on gaining flexibility, refreshing the body, and calming the mind. Set to relaxing music, this class will help melt away stress and relieve tightness in the hamstrings, hips, shoulders, and more. DEFINE mind has elements of yoga, ballet barre stretching, and Yamuna Body Rolling all in one class.
- DEFINE body&mind, a gentler version of the DEFINE body class that incorporates DEFINE mind elements. This 60-minute class focuses on improving strength, flexibility and balance.
- DEFINE xpress, a brisk-paced class that offers a condensed version of the Define body class in just 30 minutes.
- DEFINE revolution incorporates the ultra-effectiveness of the DEFINE body class onto the bike, combining principles of isometrics with cardio-blasting, high intensity fun! For 45 minutes, DEFINE revolution features choreographed movements to high-energy music on a stationary bike for a full body workout.
In addition to classes, the studio will carry athletic and workout apparel from Hard Tail, Splits59, Beyond Yoga and DEFINE branded merchandise.
ABOUT DEFINE BODY & MIND
DEFINE body & mind was developed by founder and Houston native Henry Richardson in 2009. Henry is a former All-American and National Team Member for Springboard and Platform Diving. After a successful career, Henry moved to New York City where he joined Teach For America to teach 6th grade children in the South Bronx. As a teacher, Henry was surprised that his old injuries from diving were still causing discomfort. By the end of his first year teaching, his injury was severely affecting his ability to enjoy his work. With the encouragement of a friend, Henry began taking his first Pilates/Yoga/Ballet hybrid class, Core Fusion. Six months later, he taught his very first Core Fusion class, and within one year, was helping open locations across the country. In 2007, he moved back to Houston to begin his MBA at Rice University. Since graduation, Henry has focused on introducing these transforming exercise classes to those looking to define their body, mind and balance in order to feel, look and be at their best.
DEFINE’s commitment and involvement in the communities it serves is at the core of its mission, which is to educate people on how to become their absolute best. DEFINE believes that physical strength, length and balance impact both states of mind and being. DEFINE creates an atmosphere that inspires results, fosters community and gives back to others in order to achieve sustainable health and happiness.
For more information, or to register for classes, please visit www.definebody.com.