Press Release | DEFINE Body & Mind Announces Opening of Cincinnati Studio on April 2nd
March 31, 2014
Texas Founded Fitness Concept Expands Footprint Outside of Texas
HOUSTON, TX (March 31, 2014) – DEFINE body & mind, an exercise studio specializing in balanced fitness and excellent customer service, will expand its footprint outside of Texas with a new location opening this March in Cincinnati, Ohio. This location will mark the first studio outside of Texas and the eighth DEFINE body & mind location.
Mikel Quast and Tallie Neltner will own and operate the new fitness studio offering barre, cycling and yoga infused classes. A passion for health and fitness served as a catalyst to start their new business venture. Both Tallie and Mikel are dedicated to the DEFINE concept, the sense of community it brings, and the mission of a balanced healthy lifestyle.
“We’re excited to introduce DEFINE body & mind’s unique brand of transformational results to the Cincinnati market,” said Tallie Neltner Co-Owner. “We look forward to opening a location in this vibrant and growing market and becoming invested in the community.”
The studio will open for business April 2nd and occupy about 2,800 square feet. Located at 3012 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH, the studio can be reached at 513-351-SPIN.
DEFINE’s class offerings at the new location include:
- DEFINE body is a perfectly balanced 60-minute class of strength, flexibility, and fun. This results-oriented class combines Pilates, yoga, ballet, and core strengthening to target all the major muscle groups in the body.
- DEFINE mind is a soothing 60-minute class focused on gaining flexibility, refreshing the body, and calming the mind. Set to relaxing music, this class will help melt away stress and relieve tightness in the hamstrings, hips, shoulders, and more. DEFINE mind has elements of yoga, ballet barre stretching, and Yamuna Body Rolling all in one class.
- DEFINE body&mind is a gentler version of the DEFINE body class that incorporates DEFINE mind elements. This 60 minute class focuses on improving strength, flexibility and balance.
- DEFINE xpress is a brisk-paced class that offers a condensed version of the Define body class in just 30 minutes.
- DEFINE revolution incorporates the ultra-effectiveness of the DEFINE body class onto the bike, combining principles of isometrics with cardio-blasting, high intensity fun! For 45 minutes, DEFINE revolution features choreographed movements to high-energy music on a stationary bike for a full body workout.
- DEFINE baby is the perfect opportunity for mom and baby to bond while mom redefines her body. The class focuses on arms, legs, glutes, and abdominals for one of the most fun 30 minutes you will spend exercising with your baby. The class is especially designed for moms with babies who love to be in a baby carrier!
DEFINE studios are a balance of luxury and eco-friendliness built with materials geared towards better health, better living and being better for the environment. In fact, DEFINE’s founder is LEED AP certified. The interior design of the studio will feature a combination of clean and contemporary elements blended with antique and rustic accents. The studio will feel both warm and Zen, a trademark of DEFINE’s unique brand identity.
This studio will offer child care for moms and dads daily during morning classes. In addition to classes, the studio will carry athletic and workout apparel from bobi, Hard Tail, Splits59 and DEFINE’s own brand of workout apparel, DYI - define your inspiration. DYI goes beyond the typical realm of active apparel, it is defined as a mindset, a philosophy and a movement all blended together with high technology fabrics and innovative designs.
ABOUT DEFINE BODY & MIND
DEFINE body & mind was developed by founder and Houston native Henry Richardson in 2009. Henry is a former All-American and National Team Member for Springboard and Platform Diving. After a successful career, Henry moved to New York City where he joined Teach For America to teach 6th grade children in the South Bronx. As a teacher, Henry was surprised that his old injuries from diving were still causing discomfort. By the end of his first year teaching, his injury was severely affecting his ability to enjoy his work. With the encouragement of a friend, Henry began taking his first Pilates/Yoga/Ballet hybrid class, Core Fusion. Six months later, he taught his very first Core Fusion class, and within one year, he was helping open locations across the country. In 2007, he moved back to Houston to begin his MBA at Rice University. Since graduation, Henry has focused on introducing these transforming exercise classes to those looking to define their body, mind and balance in order to feel, look and be at their best.
DEFINE’s commitment and involvement in the communities it serves is at the core of its mission, which is to educate people on how to become their absolute best. DEFINE believes that physical strength, length and balance impact both states of mind and being. DEFINE creates an atmosphere that inspires results, fosters community and gives back to others in order to achieve sustainable health and happiness.
For more information, or to register for classes, please visit www.definebody.com.